[Asterisk-Users] Issues with Polycom 1.5.2 & ProFTPd

info at beprojects.com info at beprojects.com
Thu May 19 06:46:03 MST 2005

FYI, for anybody running Proftpd with Polycom's, here are a couple of
things that I found that seem to help.

1.  Ident seems to be on by default (at least on Trustix it is).
Turning it off if the phones are behind a firewall decreases the login
time substantially.  Here is what I have:

<Global>
   DenyFilter \*.*/
IdentLookups off
</Global>

2.  Increasing the logging on Proftpd can give you a good idea of
whether there are any errors pulling down files.  I use the following in
proftpd.confg:

ExtendedLog /var/log/activity-ftp.log read,write

I can see all files that the phones try to download and any errors.  We
had a permission error that was causing LOTS of retries.  Once I enabled
the logging, I was able to see what the phones were doing and then fix
it.  Our logs dropped to virtually nothing.

Peder