[Asterisk-Users] Is SKYPE a threat or should wedo something(together)

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue May 17 15:19:52 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 02:10 +0400, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> >P2P is something else then Asterisk.
> >

> Well, I run Asterisk on a 'peer', i.e. a machine with an IP address. I
> can send VoIP traffic to any other 'peer', i.e. asterisk server. How is
> that not peer to peer?
>
> Damn, you can even find the term 'peer' in asterisk config files!

the founders of kazaa were trying to keep the 'rebel' mindset and media
hype about p2p networks going when they did skype.  Why its rare to see
any skype advertising that doesnt mention kazaa, or that its p2p and not
really say VoIP ...

Seems like a marketing vehicle rather than anything else.

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402