[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel/zapata configuration problems

Don asterisk at geeksrus.ca
Tue May 17 15:35:09 MST 2005

Hello,

I have a Digium Wildcard TE110P.  I've installed AAH 1.0.  When I run
asterisk, I see:
 [chan_local.so] => (Local Proxy Channel)
  == Registered channel type 'Local' (Local Proxy Channel Driver)
 [chan_skinny.so] => (Skinny Client Control Protocol (Skinny))
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/skinny.conf': Not found (No such file or
directory)
  == Registered channel type 'Skinny' (Skinny Client Control Protocol
(Skinny))
 [skipping chan_oss.so]
 [chan_phone.so] => (Linux Telephony API Support)
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/phone.conf': Found
  == Registered channel type 'Phone' (Standard Linux Telephony API Driver)
 [app_rxfax.so][root at asterisk1 asterisk]# Ouch ... error while writing
audio data: : Broken pipe

the modules "zaptel" and "wcte11xp" are loaded.

I think this issue has something to do with configuring my zaptel/zapata
stuff.  I have the configuration files appended below.  I haven't done
any special AMP configuration of the zaptel card... as a matter of fact,
for the moment I don't care about it, because I'm just trying to get my
extensions all sorted out (will be posting a question on that in a
second.)  The problem is that I can't be sorting out extensions unless I
can run asterisk.

The symptoms were that after installing AAH 1.0, Asterisk would start on
boot.  But if I connected to it, did a "stop now" and then started by
hand, it would fail with the above error.  I found the AAH handbook,
went through it trying to modify my zaptel/zapata.conf files
appropriately, and now asterisk won't start at all (even from boot).
The zapata.conf changes that I did according to the handbook are
commented with a ;DON line above them.

Um.... help!  Any ideas about this would be appreciated.

Don

=== /etc/zaptel.conf is pretty simple:
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23 # set this to 1-15,17-31 for E1
dchan=24 # set this to 16 for E1

=== /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf is not so simple but the things I think
are important are:
signalling=pri_cpe
switchtype=national
channel => 1-23 ; Set this to 1-15,17-31 for E1

The whole file is appended below.

;
; Zapata telephony interface
;
; Configuration file

[trunkgroups]

[channels]

language=en
context=from-pstn
;DON
;signalling=fxs_ks
;DON
signalling=pri_cpe ; pri_cpe = PRI slave ; pri_net = PRI master
switchtype=national
rxwink=300              ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
;
; Whether or not to do distinctive ring detection on FXO lines
;
;usedistinctiveringdetection=yes
;DON
callerid=asreceived

usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
;DON
;echocancelwhenbridged=no
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
;DON
;echotraining=800
echotraining=400
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
;DON
;group=0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no

;faxdetect=both
faxdetect=incoming
;faxdetect=outgoing
;faxdetect=no

;Include AMP configs
#include zapata_additional.conf

;Include genzaptelconf configs
#include zapata-auto.conf

; DON
channel => 1-23 ; Set this to 1-15,17-31 for E1