[Asterisk-Users] Is SKYPE a threat or should wedo something(together)

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Tue May 17 15:10:49 MST 2005

>P2P is something else then Asterisk.

Well, I run Asterisk on a 'peer', i.e. a machine with an IP address. I
can send VoIP traffic to any other 'peer', i.e. asterisk server. How is
that not peer to peer?

Damn, you can even find the term 'peer' in asterisk config files!

>So if you compare Asterisk with Skype or even worry about it then you are
>NOT understanding the power of Asterisk and you don't understand the
>weakness of Skype.

Who said we should /compare/? I'm only interested in "What cool stuff
could I do with Asterisk and Skype"... it is conceivable that some day,
both software could work nicely together.

--
Ykoz Un Max - La VoIP en pré-payé!
Essayez gratuitement - 5 crédits offerts.