[Asterisk-Users] zttest

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon May 16 15:14:35 MST 2005

> Rich, did you check IRQ's?  Our zttest results didn't improve markedly
> when we did either change (IRQ's or H/T), but the problem went away
> regardless.
>
> Other than that Digium have recommended throwing out our SCSI320 RAID
> hardware and replacing it with IDE (i.e. not SATA) kit, although
> thankfully we haven't had to make this retarded change (yet).
>
> I would also recommend trying to disable H/T in the BIOS (rather than
> via software) as I wonder if H/T still runs on your box (but is not
> accessed by the OS), so may still be causing you grief.

Yes, been through the majority of items including irq's, swapped
motherboards, ide only, nothing else running, command line only (no
frame buffers), upgrade from rhv9 to fedora 3, mucked with pci
latency, etc.  Had not tried the hyperthread thing until now, but
that had no effect either. Even upgraded the TDM card to the latest
rev h.

Still think its either a bad TDM card design, or, TDM driver issue
as to why we can't approach zttest results of 100%.

I'm hoping that Steve Underwood's utility to measure the TDM results
helps to identify the root cause.