[Asterisk-Users] Re: SpanDSP TXFax and multipage faxes problems (aditional info)

Nenad Radosavljevic nenadr at deltaplan.co.yu
Sun May 15 06:24:39 MST 2005

Hi everyone !

I have some aditional info on problem with TXFax and sending multi-page
TIFFs.

I have made 6 different multi-page TIFFs (Group3 1D with fillbits EOL
aligned - 3 pages one TIFF in lowres and one in hires, Group3 2D -3 pages
againg in both resolutions , and Group 4 - 3pages in both resolutions), and
then tried to send them to Panasonic KX-F1100, Panasonic KX-F500 and SpanDSP
RXFax on different Asterisk server then sending one, over POTS.

Results are:

1. KX-F1100 always gets first page and if fax is in HIRES it delivers empty
second page and hangs up (report say communication error).

2. KX-F500 gets always gets only first couple of centimeters of first page
and hangs up (again communication error).

3. RXFax on the other Asterisk always gets all 3 pages no matter of
resolution of the fax.

Both Asterisks receive faxes OK (one over TE110P and the other over X100P)
and I have treid to send this test TIFFs from BOTH machines with the same
results.

Also to be sure that problem is not in the generator of TIFF files I made
those 6 files, 3 times using different software (all of them are evaluation
versions of commertial TIFF printer drivers for widows, and all of them
support TIFF/F specification). Again, after sending them I have same results
summarized above.

Interestingly, even I set verbose to 99 and debug to 99 and added |debug
switch to TxFax command, I don't see any debug info on console nor in debug
log file when I use TxFax (I see it when I use RXFax).

LibTIFF is 3.7.2 (also tried with 3.7.1 couple of days ago), and SpanDSP is
0.0.2pre18.

Here is context for sending faxes in asterisk:

[ Context 'fax-out' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  '750' =>          1. AbsoluteTimeout(300)
[pbx_config]
                    2. DBGet(LOCALSTATIONID=faxlsid/199)
[pbx_config]
                    3. DBGet(LOCALHEADERINFO=faxhinfo/199)
[pbx_config]
                    4. Wait(5)
[pbx_config]
                    5. txfax(${FAX_FILE}|caller|debug)
[pbx_config]
                    6. Hangup()
[pbx_config]
  'T' =>            1. SoftHangup(Zap/32|a)
[pbx_config]

here is .call file:

Channel:Zap/32/xxxxxxx
MaxRetries:1
RetryTime:60
WaitTime:20
Context:fax-out
Extension:750
SetVar:FAX_FILE=/var/spool/asterisk/fax-out/fax.tif

If anyone had a similar problem and managed to figure it out or resolve it,
please let me know.

Steve, if you are reading this and have time/interest to try to fix this,
I'm willing to test further and provide you with information you need, in
order to resolve this.

Regards,
            Nenad