[Asterisk-Users] Re: SpanDSP TXFax and multipage faxes problems (aditional info)

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Sun May 15 07:13:57 MST 2005

Nenad Radosavljevic wrote:

> Hi everyone !
>
> I have some aditional info on problem with TXFax and sending
> multi-page TIFFs.
>
> I have made 6 different multi-page TIFFs (Group3 1D with fillbits EOL
> aligned - 3 pages one TIFF in lowres and one in hires, Group3 2D -3
> pages againg in both resolutions , and Group 4 - 3pages in both
> resolutions)

You can't send G4 (MMR) images with spandsp yet.  MMR support requires
ECM support.  So if it actually transmits, then txfax is probably
converting the image on the fly.

> , and then tried to send them to Panasonic KX-F1100, Panasonic KX-F500
> and SpanDSP RXFax on different Asterisk server then sending one, over
> POTS.
>
> Results are:
>
> 1. KX-F1100 always gets first page and if fax is in HIRES it delivers
> empty second page and hangs up (report say communication error).
>
> 2. KX-F500 gets always gets only first couple of centimeters of first
> page and hangs up (again communication error).

These sound like the receivers are detecting carrier losses when they
shouldn't.  Meaning that the communication path is not clean.  Somewhere
between sender and receiver there is significant audio loss or audio
corruption occurring.  But that is not happening between your two
Asterisk boxes.

Lee.