[Asterisk-Users] wcte11xp / wcfxs kernel module removal

Jean-Yves Avenard jean-yves.avenard at hydrix.com
Sun May 15 02:47:20 MST 2005

Ok.

On 15/05/2005, at 6:10 PM, Bryce Chidester wrote:

> Seems rather fishy that no matter medium or timing source,
> rmmod'ing the module could hang the machine. Maybe I'll look into
> this more when I get the logic analyzer hooked up.

I've identified how to reproduce the problem.

If I do:
modprobe zaptel
modprobe wcte11xp
modprobe wcfxs

then if I do:
modprobe -r wcfxs : OK
modprobe -r wcte11xp : linux 2.6.10 will hand

If I charge the TDM driver first:
modprobe zaptel
modprobe wcfxs
modprobe wcte11xp

then I can unload all the modules just fine...
And as I can't make the TE110P work if the driver isn't loaded
first.. I guess there's little hope for me to use the 2.6.10 kernel..

Jean-Yves

---
Jean-Yves Avenard
Hydrix Pty Ltd - Embedding the net