[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk - fax - spandsp

Jean-Yves Avenard jean-yves.avenard at hydrix.com
Sun May 15 01:20:04 MST 2005

On 15/05/2005, at 5:58 PM, Steve Underwood wrote:

> Well, it could be worse. You could be using Dialogic card, which
> randomly crash the machine when you try to restart the drivers, and
> have continued to do so through 10 years of updates. :-\
>
> Seriously, this really shouldn't happen. It must be a silly bug or
> procedural thing somewhere. Are you sure you stopped Asterisk
> completely, so there was nothing left holding on to the driver?

No matter on how well I remove the drivers (including simply
rebooting the machine), the zaptel drivers will hang with the 2.6.10
kernel.
I have reverted to 2.6.8 now and removing the zaptel modules is
working well (as it has done so for the past year).

I received a fax with the 2.6.8 kernel (and asterisk 1.0.7) and it
seems to have some errors in it (very small glitches) while it was
perfect with 2.6.10.
Correction: I have just received another fax again with 2.6.8 and
it's perfect... So I guess there are just occasional glitches. So
I'll stick with 2.6.8. I don't want to bother with a kernel that can
hung when unloading a module

JY

---
Jean-Yves Avenard