[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk - fax - spandsp

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sun May 15 00:58:30 MST 2005

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 15/05/2005, at 5:51 PM, Bryce Chidester wrote:
>
>> I have the same trouble with wct1xxp. I'd just chalked it up to a PCI
>> bug or other low-level hardware problem with the Digium card. I've
>> simply learned not to, though it would be nice to not have to learn
>> work-arounds.
>>

> This only happen if I have something like:
> span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
>
> If I have:
> span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
>
> then it doesn't hang... Doubt it's a PCI bug ....
>
> Luckily I have an electronic switch I can control remotely to turn the
> machine off/on !
>
> JY

Well, it could be worse. You could be using Dialogic card, which
randomly crash the machine when you try to restart the drivers, and have
continued to do so through 10 years of updates. :-\

Seriously, this really shouldn't happen. It must be a silly bug or
procedural thing somewhere. Are you sure you stopped Asterisk
completely, so there was nothing left holding on to the driver?

Regards,
Steve