[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk - fax - spandsp

Jean-Yves Avenard jean-yves.avenard at hydrix.com
Sun May 15 01:06:14 MST 2005

Hello

On 15/05/2005, at 5:49 PM, Steve Underwood wrote:

> I don't get that with a TE410P. What happens if you disconnect the
> cable first, so your box cannot sync to the port, and no longer
> treats the far end as the clock master? Can you remove the module
> like that? Whatever, it is a bug, and should be reported.

Actually.. I seem to have jumped to improper conclusion..

It seems to happen everytime I unload the zaptel module in the 2.6.10
kernel ; it doesn't happen in 2.6.8.
I will revert to 2.6.8 and do some more testings: it seems that
changing the zaptel configuration was the only factor as to why I
couldn't receive fax properly: I changed the line back to
"span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4" and the fax were corrupted just as before

Thank you very much for spending the time to answer my questions, I
feel honoured: you've done an amazing job with spandsp

Jean-Yves
---
Jean-Yves Avenard
Hydrix Pty Ltd - Embedding the net