[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk - fax - spandsp

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sat May 14 23:40:27 MST 2005

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> Hello
> On 15/05/2005, at 1:55 PM, Steve Underwood wrote:
>
>> The right thing to do is to sync to the PSTN. The E1s connected to
>> the PSTN should be listed as the lowest numbered clock sources,
>> starting from 1. Places you never want to sync to should be set to zero.
>>

> Your mail was very interesting, but to be honest I don't think I
> understood a single word of what you said :)

Then I think you need to just blindly follow a known good example.

> This is my zaptel.conf configuration:
> loadzone = au
> defaultzone=au
>
> #TE110P
> span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4

This is wrong. You have only one E1. I assume it is connected to the
PSTN, and you are not locking your local clock to the PSTN clock. You
will get frame slips. If that make no sense, the bottom line is "this is
bad". :-)

> bchan=1-10
> dchan=16
> #bchan=17-31
>
> #TDM400
> fxsls=32-35
>

> Do you mean that I should change the
> span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
>
> into
> span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4

The second parameter now says "treat this E1 as the first priority as
the clock source". Your box should lock itself to the PSTN's clock. If
that makes no sense, the bottom line is "this is good". :-)

> I only have one E1 connected (on TE110P card) and a TDM440 (4 FXO ports)
>
> Jean-Yves

Regards,
Steve