[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk - fax - spandsp

Jean-Yves Avenard jean-yves.avenard at hydrix.com
Sun May 15 00:31:30 MST 2005

Hello Steve
On 15/05/2005, at 4:40 PM, Steve Underwood wrote:

> The second parameter now says "treat this E1 as the first priority
> as the clock source". Your box should lock itself to the PSTN's
> clock. If that makes no sense, the bottom line is "this is good". :-)

I do not know if it was from upgrading the linux kernel to 2.6.10,
turning off hyperthreading and changing the zaptel configuration line.

But the bottom line is this: "i now receive faxes perfectly!"

As a side note regarding clock source, the documentation for
zaptel.conf states that 1 is for primary timing source, 2 is for
secondary and 0 is for not using this connecting as a timer source...
Should it be that any number > 0 is in fact the priority for using it
as an external source?

I'm glad it works now.

Is there any future support for fax in colours? just wondering, I
don't think I've ever used it before anyway :)

Cheers
Jean-Yves

---
Jean-Yves Avenard