[Asterisk-Users] Snom 360

Gary Stimson lists at zedcore.com
Wed May 11 17:35:12 MST 2005

Hi Colin

I've been using a Snom 360 for 2 weeks and am generally pleased with it.

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 22:12, Colin E. McDonald wrote:
> I am having major problems with the first run of Snom 360s that rolled
> out last month.
>
> Issues:
>
> Speakerphone/Hands Free volume spikes up and down during a call.

Haven't seen that problem.

> You
> have to manually set the volume during every call.

When you set the volume, press OK. Then it's stored for next time.

> This makes it totally
> unusable. The sound will cut out completely at the beginning of a call
> sporadically.

Have you tried a different provider?

> Call comes through speaker phone after you pick up handset and then cuts
> to handset a couple of seconds later

I don't have that issue.

> There is a mnaufacturing defect where the display cable is disconnected
> so you get what appears to be DOA desk sets.

Nor that one. Maybe I was lucky!

> Have to press the retrieve message button twice pretty regularly to get
> it to dial vociemail (*97) in asterisk

Haven't got the VM button configured yet, or tried to.

> Major problem with calls being dropped when you place callers on hold

I haven't tried putting callers on hold yet.

Have you updated to the latest firmware? Copy the firmware URL from snom.com
into the relevant box on the phone's web interface, save and reboot the
phone.

Gary

--
Gary Stimson