[Asterisk-Users] Snom 360

David John Walsh davidjohnwalsh at gmail.com
Thu May 12 03:51:23 MST 2005

Colin

Similar to Gary's response in that I haven't seem many of these issues.

One that is similar, is that of you saying you need to press voicemail
key twice to get *97 (or eqivilent code)

This as I understand it is not a fault of snom, but a "feature" of
asterisk and the whole MWI "protocol".  When asterisk signals the
phone to say it has voicemail (any phone) it sends in from an address
of "unknow at domain".  the message text is basically that which pops up
on the bottom line of the display.

When you press the voicemail key, or even the soft voicemail key it
first tries to make contact with "unknown" as this helps ensure that
the right line acesseses its voicemail without the user having to be
aware of which line the voicemail is waiting for them on.

You have two choices, a change the address of the MWI indicator to
come from "*97 at domaim" on the asterisk box or add some lines in your
message-centre context that is similar to
exten => Unknown,1,Voicemail etc

Either of these will bring asterisk up to the level of the snoms features.

I have only one minor issue, and thats if I have several people
ringing into the phone, when I am not already on a call (all calls are
still in the setup phase) I can't choose by pressing the flashing
lights, I have to dump them using the soft "no thanks" or the hard x
key

You almost sound like you have a earlier firmware issue.  The latest
one is 3.60f

a direct link to the firmware is http://www.snom.com/download/share/

I tell a lie -the very latest firmware is 3.60h - as of the 4th May

David