[Asterisk-Users] Snom 360

Colin E. McDonald colin at swaveit.com
Wed May 11 14:12:14 MST 2005

I am having major problems with the first run of Snom 360s that rolled
out last month.
I am working with the US vendor and they in turn are working with Snom
but I wanted to see of anyone else was using these or having issues with
them.

Issues:

Speakerphone/Hands Free volume spikes up and down during a call. You
have to manually set the volume during every call. This makes it totally
unusable. The sound will cut out completely at the beginning of a call
sporadically.

Call comes through speaker phone after you pick up handset and then cuts
to handset a couple of seconds later

There is a mnaufacturing defect where the display cable is disconnected
so you get what appears to be DOA desk sets. You can pop the case and
reconnect the cable or send them back.(This is known and workaround from
Snom)

Have to press the retrieve message button twice pretty regularly to get
it to dial vociemail (*97) in asterisk

Major problem with calls being dropped when you place callers on hold
after you set the busydetect=yes and busycount option in zapata.conf (If
I don't set these then my lines get used up and a soft hangup or reload
has to be executed).
I found a workaround (set the disconnect on hook for hold option to off
in Advanced Settings) but then you manually have to kill all of you
calls once they are completed.

Anyone else running into these types of issues?

I am so frustrated with these damn phones (should have paid closer
attention to when they were manufactured so I wouldn't be a beta tester)

Colin