[Asterisk-Users] Problems with VIA Chipset

Wed May 11 15:22:53 MST 2005

In the asterisk makefile, you need to make sure that the variable PROC ends
up getting set as i586.

Easiest way to do that is to remove all the conditional stuff around the
PROC=xxx statements and just put PROC=i586 in its place.

Works fine then.

The problem I had was that linux thought that the via was an i686 when in
fact the VIA doesn't support all of the i686 instructions, its closer to an
i586, or so google would have me believe. Either way, it works.

Tom