[Asterisk-Users] Are there online forums instead of this email

Martijn van Oosterhout martijn at ecomtel.com.au
Thu Mar 31 15:05:11 MST 2005

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 12:15:54PM -0800, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> I'm not opposed to forums, but your arguments don't sway me. (I'd actually
> prefer a newsgroup to either a mailing list or forum, because I don't need
> to download the message bodies for stuff I'm not interested in. But I can't
> seem to post from the gmane gateway.)

The suggestion I saw on the postgresql list is to subscribe nomail.
Then read via a news gateway and when replying, reply via email to the
mailing list. If the gateway preserves Message-IDs, people won't even
notice the difference (threading is preserved) and you don't have to
download all the messages...

Whether this list can work like that I don't know, but there it
certainly works.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout
Ecomtel Pty Ltd