[Asterisk-Users] small qos switch

Lee Azzarello lee.azzarello at ps-solved.com
Thu Mar 31 13:12:51 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-27 at 21:19 -0500, Moody wrote:
> I don't want to move this thread towards a discussion of Sveasoft, but
> I would ask anyone considering this option to make sure they do some
> reading about Sveasoft and their version of "opensource" before
> sending them a check.
>
> IMHO, Do the community a favor and check out OpenWRT (see earlier
> posting in this thread) or one of the other options instead of
> supporting Sveasoft.

VPN functionality is a big deal and the OpenVPN support OpenWRT speaks
of may not follow the IPSec spec since it's not listed on the VPN
conformance test:
http://www.vpnc.org/testing.html

The Sveasoft has multiple firmwares and only one can be loaded at a
given time so that's another limitation.

So there's no promise it'll interopperate or do everything you want. On
the open source conformance, Sveasoft addresses this directly on their
own forums:
http://www.sveasoft.com/modules/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2823

If it works...it works. Take it for what it is.

-lee