[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma VS. Digium

Isamar Maia isamar at isamarmaia.org
Thu Mar 31 01:12:14 MST 2005

> Isamar Maia wrote:
> > Technically speaking not. But Sangoma's support seems to be pretty much
> > better.
> >

> My understanding is that to an extent when we buy Sangoma we're putting
> the dagger to Digium.  They're glad to use Asterisk as a selling point
> for their hardware, but unwilling to donate anything back to the
> Asterisk community.
>
> I'll be glad to stand corrected, but if that assertion is in fact true,
> we should be careful to do things that actually damage Digium's ability
> to leverage their development of Asterisk with their hardware sales.

I don't understand this *love* for Digium. Digium is a commercial
institution, period.

If we need to be thankful for Mark Spencer for "giving asterisk to the
world" as many say, I understand and agree.

But to protect them specially in my case  since I am in Japan and Digium
products don't(and it seems that will never) have any support for NTT
lines, is kinda no sense.

I would better support the Asterisk Fork development that seems to be
happening in the underground. BTW, anybody knows their mailing list?

I'll be glad to contribute.

Isamar Maia