[Asterisk-Users] dial cmd - called party prompted before connect

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Mar 30 23:48:25 MST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Joe Presto wrote:

> My extensions are going to dial out to multiple locations, where machines
> may answer the phone instead of the called party.  As such, I would like
> asterisk to prompt the called party to provide acknowledgement by dialing a
> digit before asterisk connects the call.
>
> I saw that there is a bug entry
> http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002905 which would enable
> me to do what I need. But is there any other way to accomplish this? I
> finally got everything tweaked with my build and would rather not run the
> non-stable version.

If you dial out over zap cahnnels you can add the "c" option on the
channel specification. The zap driver will not consider the line answered
until it has been physically answered and then received a dtmf digit. E.g.
   Dial(Zap/G1c/012345678&Zap/G1c/0234234234)
will dial 012345678 and 0234234234, both of which are required to send a
dtmf to be considered answered.

Peter