[Asterisk-Users] dial cmd - called party prompted before connect

Joe Presto asterisk at desktopguerrillas.com
Wed Mar 30 23:23:55 MST 2005

My extensions are going to dial out to multiple locations, where machines
may answer the phone instead of the called party.  As such, I would like
asterisk to prompt the called party to provide acknowledgement by dialing a
digit before asterisk connects the call.

I saw that there is a bug entry
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002905 which would enable
me to do what I need. But is there any other way to accomplish this? I
finally got everything tweaked with my build and would rather not run the
non-stable version.

Thanks - Joe