[Asterisk-Users] Looking for SS7 design input

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed Mar 30 08:46:37 MST 2005

Hi,

You can write a GPL'ed SS7. There is nothing protected in the SS7
design. I don't think there ever were any patents. However, if there
were they ran out long ago.

Our non-GPL SS7 (because it is commercial) stack is written as a library
in C. A modified chan_zap links it into Asterisk at the moment. This
will change in the near future.

Regards,
Steve