[Asterisk-Users] Debugging Asterisk in GDB (DDD)

Jay Ray jonty_11 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 13:05:28 MST 2005

Thx man....I will try to start it from withing DDD....No one responded in DEV list....

Seth Remington <sremington at saberlogic.com> wrote:On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 15:04 -0800, Jay Ray wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running Asterisk on Fedora Core 3. I am trying to use DDD to
> debug Asterisk. However, when I attach the debugger to the Asterisk
> Process, the Asterisk CLI promt hangs. Does not give any output, and
> Asterisk stops processing calls...
>
> What could be wrong and what is the best way to debug Asterisk...?

You might want to ask this question on the asterisk-dev list since those
there are probably more familiar with a debugger + Asterisk. I have
personally run Asterisk through gdb once or twice and never had a
problem, but I started the process from within gdb. I've never tried to
attach to an already running Asterisk process.

-Seth

--
Seth Remington
SaberLogic, LLC