[Asterisk-Users] Re: Rejecting ISDN-call without Answering

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Mon Mar 28 00:55:35 MST 2005

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005, Nenad Radosavljevic wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > Im testing asterisk for callback functionality and want to reject a call
> > after a few seconds for freeing the line for callback. But if I use a
> > "congestion", there is a connection for a (billing) short time. Is there
> > an ability to reject a call (like the red button on a mobile phone)
> > without getting connected ?
>
> Only way I have managed to get Zap channel  to reject a call on TE110P
> without answering it, is to dial number that is not handled in dialplan (I
> have a ISDN PRI with 100 number DID service, and about 30 of them are
> handled by dialplan). So far I didn't manage to reject call that are handled
> in dialplan, except by Congestion command which answers the call first.

There are two methods:

 * use the Hangup app after setting the PRI_CAUSE variable. This is the
   general way of sending a specified disconnect code. See
   http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+variable+PRI_CAUSE

 * set the configuration option "priindication=oob". This will make busy
   and congestion send an isdn disconnect insteadof playing audio.

Peter