[Asterisk-Users] How to use multiple VOIP provider trunks

Tim Pushor timp at crossthread.com
Sun Mar 27 12:46:30 MST 2005

my ITSP is great. I will not drop them at the first sign of issues. IMO
if you are looking for 100% reliability, don't go itsp.

I am in Calgary, Canada and my brother has accounts with 6tel and
livevoip. The quality of mine has been consistently better than either
of those (probably mostly because of the proximity of the gateways, and
g729).

I am not prepared to switch itsp's and all the hassle of switching phone
numbers (no LNP yet).  becuase I got a busy signal for two hours once.
(it wasn't oversubscribed pstn lines). I just want to know what others
are doing.

I am working on a phone routing system (with duplicate/redundant routes)
and I will just have a way for a user to tell the system that they want
to use an alternate route for the next call.

Thanks