[Asterisk-Users] How to use multiple VOIP provider trunks

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Sun Mar 27 19:14:33 MST 2005

> One problem I was having with my itsp is that I was able to
> make the SIP connection, but the voice connection failed on
> the back end. As far as * was concerned the beep beep beep
> was a valid call, and didn't fail over.

Sounds like the call was completed, but your ITSP had no available PSTN
ports on thier media gateway. You cant fail over by any means if there
is no failure.

Does asterisk should the channels bridged? If so the call is complete in
SIP terms.

To fix this problem you should find a less oversubscribed itsp...