[Asterisk-Users] GR-303 from Central Office supported?

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Wed Mar 23 10:16:39 MST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Rich Adamson wrote:
>> I'm a little confused on whether the GR303 support in * will accept
>> calls from a Siemens central office that has GR303.
>
> I don't know for sure (sorry for responding anyway), but I believe that
> Asterisk's GR-303 support is the 'network' end only, so that it can control
> access concentrators. That would mean that is does not have the ability to
> act as an access concentrator.

>From zapata.conf in a recent cvs checkout:
; gr303fxoks_net: GR-303 Signalling, FXO Loopstart, Network side
; gr303fxsks_cpe: GR-303 Signalling, FXS Loopstart, CPE side

I haven't tried it but want to sometime.

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent