[Asterisk-Users] GR-303 from Central Office supported?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Wed Mar 23 09:58:28 MST 2005

Rich Adamson wrote:
> I'm a little confused on whether the GR303 support in * will accept
> calls from a Siemens central office that has GR303.

I don't know for sure (sorry for responding anyway), but I believe that
Asterisk's GR-303 support is the 'network' end only, so that it can
control access concentrators. That would mean that is does not have the
ability to act as an access concentrator.

Also keep in mind that GR-303 encompasses far more than just call
control; there are also provisioning and OAM parts of the protocol, and
a switch tech that sees a GR-303 trunk heading out of their switch may
very well assume that the gear at the other end is theirs and they can
re-provision it :-)