[Asterisk-Users] Digium support quality: Excellent

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Wed Mar 23 05:37:21 MST 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 05:58:47PM -0500, tmassey at obscorp.com wrote:

> I wanted to make sure that, in addition to my complaints, I make it very
> clear:  Digium's support is excellent.  The jury is still out on the
> usefulness of the TDM products.  However, Digium has worked very hard to
> make sure that this issue is resolved.  I actually got an e-mail from
> someone at Digium actually asking what they could do to make me happy! She
> even gave me alternatives to hopefully correct my problem!  And she was
> patient and friendly!  I nearly fell off my chair.
>
> If you have any doubts about buying Digium products, don't let lack of
> support stop you.  They stand behind their products with both technical
> support and customer service.  You can't really ask for more than that.

I agree that they are eager to correct any issues that we have with the cards.
The unfortunate thing is that the TDMs are so problematic.  I'm not sure if
it's due to inconsistencies in the hardware into which they are put or the
cards themselves or what.

I have not yet successfully put 2 TDM cards into a system (though I know
others have) and I recenly had a problem where loading the TDM driver and
starting * would cause the outgoing message to be played way too fast.

I was told to try changing PCI slots (I haven't had a chance to do that yet),
but since the TDM cannot share IRQs with anything else, changing slots might
just put it into a conflict situation.  This one could be sticky...
--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.