[Asterisk-Users] Replacement 7960 Handset

Patrick M. Gray, Jr. patgrayjr at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 08:50:48 MST 2005

After 4 hours of debugging codecs, changing config files, etc. as a result of
not being able to capture voice from a Cisco 7960, I eventually found that the
mic in the handset appears to be dead.

Does anyone know where I can get a new handset (just the part you hold to your
head, everything else on the phone works fine)?  Or, does anyone know how to
open one up?  I tried doing a little prying with a screwdriver but gave up
after marring the plastic a bit.

I've googled but can't seem to find anyone selling just the handset.  If you
have one from a broken phone, I'd be more than happy to pay shipping, etc. if
you want to sell it.

Thanks,

Pat