[Asterisk-Users] Soekris net4801 and analog interface?

Matt Ryanczak ryanczak at arin.net
Mon Mar 21 13:21:39 MST 2005

> The 4801 I'm doing is for a demo to hopefully get some funding. I REALLY
> need the fxo port. If I gave that up, what would be better? I GOT IT,
> *2* fxo ports!!
>
> So, I'll trade you for 2 fxo modules for the tdm400p.

My TDM400 has 4 fxo ports but i need them all :( I'm not running it in a
Soekris though, I use the Soekris for my home PBX system as well as some
other stuff. You could get a card with a t-1 interface from digium or
sangoma, they are supposed to work quite well in the soekris. That'd be
24 channels and that's lots better than 2 fxo ;) ofcourse i guess you
need a t-1 to plug it into then too...

> Damn ... I'll have to build a new box for the 4801 ... Oh well.

Building a custom case is pretty easy, you can get most of the stuff
from home depot to make a decent case. Just make sure you have a dremel
moto tool, makes it much easier....