[Asterisk-Users] Choosing an ISP for Asterisk

Jean-Michel Hiver hiver.j at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 21 05:00:05 MST 2005

>Really?? What if you happen to be the 4th person calling, and need to
>inform them that you are trapped in the stationary cupboard, and luckily
>you were carrying the cordless handset (but not your mobile phone)??
>
>At the end of the day, I wouldn't expect any office to have a 1:1 ratio
>between users:phone lines, but there must be some ratio which would make
>some sort of sense....

I don't know really. Say you put a TDM card with 4 FXO modules in, and
you repeat same scenario as above?

Hey, maybe a T1 with 24 channels isn't enough either. Maybe the fire /
earthquake / godzilla will have destroyed your PBX system by the time
you try to use the phone.

Maybe everybody needs to have some kind of GSM + GPS device around their
neck with a red button marked 'I'm in trouble' that would transmit their
location to emergency services.

Or maybe not. Maybe proper fire evacuation procedures with one emergency
line is deemed enough. But then when it comes to safety, what is enough?

Where do you draw the line?