[Asterisk-Users] Choosing an ISP for Asterisk

Mon Mar 21 03:26:57 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 13:51 +0400, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> >Ummm, in an office of x people, where x is some arbitrary integer > 1,
> >is 1 PSTN line for emergency services sufficient ?? Personally, I would
> >think it isn't, but haven't quite determined what number is sufficient.
> >
> >Consider, an office of 50 people, and a small fire breaks out, how many
> >people will call the emergency number?
> >

> And how many calls are needed? Is calling the fire station 50 times
> going to be more efficient? I don't think so...

Really?? What if you happen to be the 4th person calling, and need to
inform them that you are trapped in the stationary cupboard, and luckily
you were carrying the cordless handset (but not your mobile phone)??

At the end of the day, I wouldn't expect any office to have a 1:1 ratio
between users:phone lines, but there must be some ratio which would make
some sort of sense....

Also, it was a bit of a 'heads-up' for those people that thought they
had 'solved' the problem by dropping a single phone line in, or plugging
a 'red' phone into the fax line, or some-such....

So, any useful comments... please post them.

Regards,
Adam
Adam Goryachev
Website Managers