[Asterisk-Users] VoIP service through Asterisk?

Kris Edwards krisedwards at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 22:48:14 MST 2005

Well despite the bad things I have read about Broadvoice, I signed up
anyway.  I've actually seen many positive reviews as well (at least
about sound quality.. the customer service seems to get poor reviews all
around).

Anyway, I spent about an hour trying to connect.  Checking configs,
wondering what idiotic thing I had done.  Well, that idiotic thing was
following their instructions.  They ask that you ping their proxy
servers and use the one with the best ping.. makes sense.. However, I
apparently can only register on ONE of the four servers.  After I
figured that out, I registered and could make and receive calls.

The quality is awful for me.  I wonder if they are forcing too many
users to use the dca proxy (I'm assuming that's DC area.  That is
closest to me geographically out of those listed, but I have much less
latency with the CHI proxy. much being about 25ms avg.).

Steven Tyler uses it huh.... yeah, sure he does.

UK folks might want to check out http://www.call1899.co.uk/index2.php
I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet in this thread.

Oh, as a side note:

My free ipkall number via FWD is 10x better than Broadvoice! I've never
had anyone who called it suspect that I was on voip.  Now that's just sad :/

kRis