[Asterisk-Users] VoIP service through Asterisk?

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 23:28:29 MST 2005

> Well despite the bad things I have read about Broadvoice, I signed up
> anyway.  I've actually seen many positive reviews as well (at least
> about sound quality.. the customer service seems to get poor reviews all
> around).

Oh, no, not another Broadvoice thread :-). Actually, I can say that
because I'm a happy customer with them on more than just one occasion.

It's strange that the let you register at only on of their proxies. I
flip-flop between the LAX and their DCA server ever few weeks. LAX is
closer to me but it's not 100% up (for me). The DCA proxy on the other
hand has been flawless. Low latency, no timeouts, excellent quality.
It's just 30 ms further away (I'm on the west coast). Nevertheless I
have no problems using it and I do, most of the time.

Note that their CHI proxy is their test proxy and should not be used
for production -- someone said that couple days ago here.

On the other hand, MY Ipkall number has been hopeless. Loooooong
connection times and overall not reliable. Go figure...

--Luki