[Asterisk-Users] Echo after upgrade * 1.05 -> 1.06

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Sun Mar 20 04:54:10 MST 2005

Hi Remco,

Wow, that's enormous - However your ears can easily deceive you on this. The
only way to know for sure is to record and analyse. Half a second would
imply its accoustic coming from the other end. Is it on all calls or only on
calls with certain people ? Is it when they call you, you call them or both
?

> I would accept that albeit that my setup has been running
> without echo for
> some months! It's only after upgrading to 1.0.6 that I have
> an audible
> echo. I would suspect a bug in the echo cancelling for
> bridges sip calls?

There is no echocancelling on the SIP channel. Only on Zap, where it makes
the most sense. Most SIP endpoint devices have an internal echocanceller but
that's only to cancel their local hybrid and perhaps to cancel the locally
generated audio feedback. The sooner you can tackle an echo issue, the
easier it is to do and the better the results will be.

> I guess that problem is not at wengo. My friend (where I installed *
> 1.0.6 2 days ago had an echo with wengo too while at the time
> I did not.
> (He is running 1.0.6 from the start). When I upgraded to
> 1.0.6 I had the
> same echo which would make me believe the problem is in the
> local setup.

Hmmm, I understand how you feel this is a 1.0.6 issue then. However I cannot
wrap my mind around _why_ that would be. I'll see if I can get a test box to
run 1.0.6.

Florian