[Asterisk-Users] Echo after upgrade * 1.05 -> 1.06

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Sun Mar 20 10:13:03 MST 2005

>> The echo is quite slow, I would estimate about half a second
>> or even more!
>
> Wow, that's enormous - However your ears can easily deceive you on this. The
> only way to know for sure is to record and analyse. Half a second would
> imply its accoustic coming from the other end. Is it on all calls or only on
> calls with certain people ? Is it when they call you, you call them or both
> ?

It could be deceiving indeed but the echo is slower than usually. I did
downgrade to asterisk 1.0.5 and the echo is less but still there. I did
not downgrade zaptel as I think it's not related. Or could it be a zaptel
timing problem?

>> I would accept that albeit that my setup has been running
>> without echo for
>> some months! It's only after upgrading to 1.0.6 that I have
>> an audible
>> echo. I would suspect a bug in the echo cancelling for
>> bridges sip calls?
>
> There is no echocancelling on the SIP channel. Only on Zap, where it makes
> the most sense. Most SIP endpoint devices have an internal echocanceller but
> that's only to cancel their local hybrid and perhaps to cancel the locally
> generated audio feedback. The sooner you can tackle an echo issue, the
> easier it is to do and the better the results will be.

I just tried some calles through my TDM11B card, they are completely echo
free. Stange.....