[Asterisk-Users] Which linux distribution

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sat Mar 19 13:51:43 MST 2005

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 02:57:11PM +0100, Frank Fischer wrote:
> Hi all
>
> i'm just starting to setup my "own" asterisk. My first question is, if there
> is any reason to choose a special linux distribution or if it doesn't mater
> which distribution i chosse. Is there anything i should be aware of?

If you want a proper distribution with Asterisk as a part of it, and not
just asterisk (an a handful of supporting libraries) slapped on top of
an existing distro, you should try Xorcom Rapid, or Debian in General.

Xorcom Rapid is a Debian-based minimal installation of Debian Sarge with
the stable version of Asterisk.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | New signature for new address and  |  VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | new homepage                       | a Mutt's