[Asterisk-Users] Which linux distribution

Kris Edwards krisedwards at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 14:21:59 MST 2005

Like any other Distro war, it's all a matter of personal taste.  For me,
I prefer gentoo (although I never have any luck with the asterisk ebuild
and end up building myself.. but typically, the package managment is
great).

If you have 0 linux experience, there are some distros that are much
easier for beginners.  (e.g. Mandrake or Redhat.. and I say those are
"easier" than gentoo simply because the install is much simpler and in
fact there is a step by step guide on installing Redhat w/ asterisk (not
sure how up to date it is):

http://www.automated.it/guidetoasterisk.htm