[Asterisk-Users] Email MWI crashes Asterisk

Rob Gillan rob_gillan at optusnet.com.au
Wed Mar 16 18:37:10 MST 2005

Hi,

Strange problem that I can't seem to see any past postings on.  New
installation on OS X server.  Voicemail ok from the handset.  When an
email address is added for MWI notification, asterisk crashes after the
email is sent.  Sendmail/postfix logs show no errors and the email is
sent ok regardless.  If I run asterisk with -vvvvvvvvcg it runs quite
happily, emails and voicemails behaving themselves, no crash.  The
console reports the following when the voicemail is left:

   Parsing "/etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf": Found
   Parsing "/etc/asterisk/timezones.conf": Found
   Parsing "/etc/asterisk/voicemailboxes.conf Found
   Spawn extension (infoservices, 200, 102) exited non-zero on
'SIP/203-3f5a'

timezones.conf and mailboxes.conf are the specific context files for
the voicemail system, stored as separate conf files but #included in
voicemail.conf (this is just for manageability of the code).  All
voicemail boxes are in [default].  The extension in question (200) is
in extension context [infoservices].

I have tried making changes in voicemail.conf and nothing seems to have
an effect on the content of the email.  Only the serveremail/attach
commands in voicemail.conf seem to have an effect.  Even changing the
emailbody does not change the outbound email, implying that another
version of voicemail.conf is being referenced possibly.  No other
copies of the file can be located on the system.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Rob

Rob Gillan