[Asterisk-Users] 79xx 7-4

Asterisk at Home asteriskathome at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 19:11:40 MST 2005

I had the same problem with 7.4. Looks like the new
firmware is picker about the time server. With the old
release if the phone couldn't get the time it would
just use its internal clock. Now it does not display
time when it does not get an update.

I did fix the problem. Go into SIPDefault.cnf and
change the sntp_mode: from directedbroadcast (the
default) to unicast. This will cause the phone to poll
your NTP server. This solved the problem for me.