[Asterisk-Users] (Yet another) Music on hold problemand another...

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Wed Mar 16 16:31:48 MST 2005

Neil A. Hillard wrote:

> <>John,
>
> In message <4238BAEE.5030202 at stromberg-carlson.org>, John Novack
> <jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org> writes
>
>>Perhaps the instructions have improved, but I discovered that some instructions were incomplete. Perhaps not to a Linux expert, but to the "normal" reader, information such as in what directory should a specific operation be performed.
>>I finally was able to move some stuff around and bumble into it, but still get the complaint when Asterisk loads about the flexibel (sp?)rate not fully tested.
>>The Wiki mentions this, but again a solution is not provided for the novice.
>>

>I'm pretty good with Linux and follow the instructions OK but, like you,I still get the warning and I know 100% that my mp3s are CBR !!!

The Wiki says " to use your favorite MP3 editor"  well, all I want is
some MOH. I don't HAVE a favorite ( or any other ) MP3 editor.
There seems to be no problem with it working, but I find it curious.
At this point I am not even sure the music sources weren't installed
with Asterisk, which makes the solution even more curious.

It is ALL very curious.

John Novack