[Asterisk-Users] (Yet another) Music on hold problemand another...

Neil A. Hillard asterisk at dana.org.uk
Wed Mar 16 16:17:46 MST 2005

John,

In message <4238BAEE.5030202 at stromberg-carlson.org>, John Novack
<jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org> writes
>Wiley Siler wrote:
>>Type 'mpg123' at the Linux CL. (no quotes)
>>If the version is anything other than 59r, you problem is solved.
>>Go to the Wiki and search for Music On Hold.
>>Do the install of version 59r ONLY as described in the docs.
>>Cheers,
>>Wiley
>>
>Perhaps the instructions have improved, but I discovered that some
>instructions were incomplete. Perhaps not to a Linux expert, but to the
>"normal" reader, information such as in what directory should a
>specific operation be performed.
>I finally was able to move some stuff around and bumble into it, but
>still get the complaint when Asterisk loads about the flexibel (sp?)
>rate not fully tested.
>The Wiki mentions this, but again a solution is not provided for the novice.
I'm pretty good with Linux and follow the instructions OK but, like you,
I still get the warning and I know 100% that my mp3s are CBR !!!

I've tried madplay which seemed to work OK (and didn't complain about
the mpg3) but it seemed to emphasize the sibilants more than mpg123 - it
may have just been the volume but mpg123 sounded clearer.

ATB,

                                Neil.

Neil A. Hillard                E-Mail:   asterisk at dana.org.uk