[Asterisk-Users] (Yet another) Music on hold problemand another...

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Wed Mar 16 16:02:06 MST 2005

Wiley Siler wrote:

>Type 'mpg123' at the Linux CL. (no quotes)
>If the version is anything other than 59r, you problem is solved.
>Go to the Wiki and search for Music On Hold.
>Do the install of version 59r ONLY as described in the docs.
>
>Cheers,
>Wiley

Perhaps the instructions have improved, but I discovered that some
instructions were incomplete. Perhaps not to a Linux expert, but to the
"normal" reader, information such as in what directory should a specific
operation be performed.
I finally was able to move some stuff around and bumble into it, but
still get the complaint when Asterisk loads about the flexibel (sp?)
rate not fully tested.
The Wiki mentions this, but again a solution is not provided for the novice.

John Novack