[Asterisk-Users] cisco 12sp+/30vip IP phone

Webmaster twebb at boisecenter.com
Wed Mar 16 10:24:23 MST 2005

I was able to get Asterisk working with the demo on FreeBSD 5.3 without crashing, but not the music on hold, so I just have that disabled for now, but I'm ready to get some IP hardware working.

So I picked up a Cisco 12sp+ IP phone (mistake?) and am having difficulty finding any truly helpful instructions / troubleshooting to get this configured to work with asterisk.  If I could just get past the first hurdle of getting it an IP address (not using dhcp)...

I plug it in, it says 'Copyright 1999 F2.02 Cisco Systems Inc.' and line 1 led is blinking.  Then when I press **, and it comes up with 'Status=0x08000'.  After a while, line 2 led starts blinking too, and when I press **, it comes up with 'Status=0x08026'

At this point I do not have it plugged into the ethernet.

Any suggestions?

-Tyler