[Asterisk-Users] SetDigitTimeout question

beonice beonice at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 17:02:53 MST 2005

Folks,

I'm trying to slow down the speed at which Asterisk
decides I've finished typing in an extension for
forwarding voicemail. I've tried using

exten => s,2,DigitTimeout(5)    ;
exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout(5) ;

in my extensions.conf, but it still seems only about 2
seconds (or less!) before the "forward" functionality
decides that I've had enough time to type in the next
digit in the extension. Given that I occasionally have
brain-freeze when I look at an extension, this isn't
making me a happy camper today.

Any suggestions? A _quick_ look in the app_voicemail.c
didn't give any strong clues about timeouts at all.

HELP! Wild bears are ... oh, never mind, it's just an
asterisk.

Thanks,
Maya