[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk@Home Install Problem

beonice beonice at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 17:17:09 MST 2005

--- Scheda <scheda at gmail.com> wrote:
> Whenever I try to install Asterisk at Home, I get this
> error at about 43%
>
>      There was an error installing
> rpmdb-redhat-3.4-0.20050105. This
> can indicate media failure, lack of disk space,
> and/or hardware
> problems. This is a fatal error and your install
> will be aborted.
> Please verify your media and try your install again.
>
> I've gotten this on 3 different cd's I've burned. To
> make sure it
> wasn't a hardware problem of some sort, I installed
> Debain last night.
> Went without a hitch, but *@Home doesn't like it...
> Any ideas as to
> why?

Scheda,

You _did_ verify that you have sufficient disk space,
right? I recently installed Linux on an old 6 GB hard
drive and forgot to tell it to take the whole drive,
so it only took what was left over after a Win2000
installation (not much was left, obviously), and I got
the same error before the OS finished installing.

Doesn't hurt to double check using df.

Other than that, I don't know ... looks like it's not
the media, unless those CDs won't let you install on a
different Linux box either.

Hardware problems can be a pain to isolate ... good
luck!

Cheers,
Maya