[Asterisk-Users] Cisco DTMF problem...

Tim Howell Tim.Howell at evfreefullerton.com
Tue Mar 15 17:02:46 MST 2005

I've recently setup Asterisk.  Calls are routed to Asterisk through a
Cisco 1760 router.  Some calls originate at Cisco 7960 phones connected
to the router, some originate at other phones that are switched by a
legacy PBX.

My problem is that calls that begin at the 7960s do not seem to transmit
DTMF properly to Asterisk.  Calls that begin on the legacy PBX (and then
pass through the Cisco router) do transmit DTMF.

I've seen a lot of references to this in the list at various times (and
even some patches), but all of the patches/fixes I've seen seem to be
against a version of rtp.c that is very different than what I've got
(fairly recent CVS).

Are there any current fixes for this problem?

--TWH