[Asterisk-Users] Re: Incoming echo cancel

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Tue Mar 15 00:01:46 MST 2005

Hi,

I've been tracing the issue through our code base, which is essentially
Asterisk 1.0.5 stable with BRI-stuff patches, and discussed this with many
people online. We have traced that in older versions EC may not have been
enabled on some calls, but those issues were corrected. The problem does
remain.

On one setup we have now enabled AGGRESSIVE_SUPPRESSOR and we are waiting to
see how it behaves. We tried that on yet different setups as well as all the
training settings, and verifying gains, and many settings made things even
worse.

We are now focussing on doing a series of audio tests with some professional
analysis tools. Intermittent issues are really hard to trace however...

Best regards,
Florian